WWW.DISSERTATION.XLIBX.INFO
FREE ELECTRONIC LIBRARY - Dissertations, online materials
 
<< HOME
CONTACTS



Pages:   || 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |

«Meeting of the Board of Directors Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport Monday 26 February 2007 Fèisean nan Gàidheal Taigh a’ Mhill Port-Rìgh An t-Eilean ...»

-- [ Page 1 ] --

Fèisean nan

Gàidheal

A’ toirt ar dualchais do ar n-òigridh

Meeting of the Board of Directors

Holiday Inn

Glasgow Airport

Monday 26 February 2007

Fèisean nan Gàidheal

Taigh a’ Mhill

Port-Rìgh

An t-Eilean Sgitheanach

IV51 9BZ

Fòn 01478 613355

Facs 01478 613399

Post-d fios@feisean.org

www.feisean.org

1

Fèisean nan Gàidheal

Meeting of the Board of Directors to be held in the Holiday Inn, Glasgow Airport from

1.30pm on Monday 26 February 2007.

Agenda

1.2007.01 PRELIMINARIES (a) Present (b) Apologies (c) Minutes of the last meeting of the Fèisean nan Gàidheal Board Minutes of the meeting held on 7 December 2006 are circulated. Board members are asked to approve same as a true record of the meeting.

(d) Matters arising Board members are invited to raise any issues not included elsewhere on the agenda.

(e) Minutes of the last meeting of the Executive Group Minutes of the last meeting of the Executive Group, held on 12 February 2007, are circulated for information. Board members are invited to raise any points they wish from those minutes.

1.2007.02 DEVELOPMENT ISSUES (a) Progress in implementation of Fèisean nan Gàidheal’s Development Plan 2005-10 A summary of progress to date against the measures in our Development Plan is circulated. Board members may discuss any issues arising from this summary.

(b) Ceòl nam Fèis concerts as part of Highland 2007 David Boag has prepared a paper on this project which looked at one time as if it would have to be shelved due to lack of funds. Board members are asked to approve plans for this series of showcase concerts.

(c) Support for Fèisean not within the Western Isles, Highland or Argyll & Bute For some time now we have been considering how best to support Fèisean within areas not covered by the local authorities that have traditionally supported our activities. A report by the Director is circulated for discussion.

(d) New Fèisean nan Gàidheal Website Board members will recall that it was agreed that a new website would be developed on the Sitekit system allowing staff to update it on a regular basis. Examples of the website content will be shown to Board members to give an idea of what the new site will be like.

1.2007.03 FINANCIAL ISSUES (a) Financial Report A report prepared by the Finance & Administration Officer, Anne Willoughby, is circulated showing income and expenditure to and from Fèisean nan Gàidheal to 31 January 2007. Also included is a list of grants pledged to Fèisean for 2006-07. Board members are invited discuss any points relating to the information.

(b) Bank balances and up-to-date information This information will be tabled at the meeting.

–  –  –

1.2007.04 POLICY ISSUES (a) Changes to procedures for election of Directors The recent election for a representative from the Western Isles Fèisean highlighted some shortcomings in the procedures set down for the election of Board members. A short report from the Director is circulated outlining ways to rectify this for future elections which Board members are asked to discuss and approve.

(b) Blas Festival Ltd It has become necessary to form a new company – Blas Festival Ltd – which will be VAT-registered and will run the festival. It is necessary for Fèisean nan Gàidheal to nominate directors to serve on the Board of the new company and a short report is circulated by the Director for consideration and approval.

1.2007.05 OPERATIONAL ISSUES (a) Staff Progress Reports Progress Reports from staff are circulated. Board members are asked to note the content of these, and are invited to discuss relevant points.

(b) 2007 Annual Conference and AGM Fèis Spè invited us to take our Annual Conference and AGM to their area, Badenoch & Strathspey, in

2007. Anne Willoughby will report verbally on quotations received from various establishments in the area capable of hosting the conference.

(c) Election of Directors A short report from the Director is circulated with the results of the process to elect new Board members from the Western Isles fèisean.

–  –  –

(a) Meeting of the Executive Group The papers from the Executive Group meeting held on 12 February have been circulated in their entirety by e-mail only. Board members are welcome to raise any points they wish from those papers.

(b) Date of next meeting The next meeting has been scheduled for 29 May in Barra.

–  –  –

4.2006.01 PRELIMINARIES (a) Present Katie Adam (Chair), Peggy Nicolson (Vice Chair), Alasdair MacDonald, Jessie Newton, Jane MacNeil, George Stoddart, Michael Sweeney, Elizabeth Bain, Alasdair Macleod (HIE), Arthur Cormack (Attending), David Boag (Attending), Iona MacDonald (Attending), Calum Alex MacMillan (Attending translating) (b) Apologies Anne Willoughby, Morag Anna MacLeod (The Highland Council), Ian Smith (SAC) (c) Welcome to new Board members and election of Office Bearers for 2006-07 The Chair welcomed Elizabeth Bain and Michael Sweeney to the Board meeting.

Since this was the first meeting following the election of new Board members, the Board required to elect, from amongst themselves, or by co-option, a Chair, Secretary and Treasurer.





–  –  –

(d) Confirmation of Minutes of the previous Board meeting Minutes of the meeting of the Board held on 15 September 2006 had been circulated. These were approved as a true record of the meeting.

(e) Matters arising The Executive group had recommended that the National Raffle no longer go ahead. The Board approved.

(f) Minutes of the last meeting of the Executive Group Minutes of the Executive Group held at Cluanie Inn on Wednesday 15 November were circulated and contents noted by Board members.

4.2006.02 DEVELOPMENT ISSUES (a) Progress in implementation of Fèisean nan Gàidheal’s Development Plan 2005-10 A summary of progress to date against the measures in our Development Plan was circulated and noted by the Board members.

(b) Training Programme Update The Training Development Officer, Iona MacDonald, gave Board members an update on the Training Programme, and proposals for a weekend Training Fèis to be held in Inverness on 3/4 February 2007.

Jessie Newton had enquired about the costs of attendance. Iona explained it was free to Fèis personnel and accommodation and travel were covered for 2 Feis representatives.

It was hoped that annualised workers would attend, as it was especially relevant to them. Fèis Bharraigh had requested a “cut down” version of the weekend.

–  –  –

(a) Financial Report A report prepared by the Finance & Administration Officer, Anne Willoughby, was circulated showing income and expenditure to and from Fèisean nan Gàidheal to 31 October 2006. Also included was a list of grants pledged to Fèisean for 2006-07. Board members were invited discuss any points relating to the information.

George Stoddart wondered why the bank balances were down by £113,000 in a short space of time.

This was as a result of Blas costs being paid out, AGM costs and YMI payments. Concern was expressed over the presentation of the management accounts and the Executive group had already covered this issue and presentation had been discussed with Angus Nicolson.

(b) Bank Balances and up to date information

The current balances were:

• Current account: £1681.62

• Hi-Interest account: £23,369.87

• Deposit account 1: £100,943.00

• Deposit account 2: £26,347.00 (c) Quarterly Accounts to 30 September 2006 Management Accounts from 1 July to 30 September 2006, provided by Nicolson & Co were circulated for information. Board members were invited to note the information contained in the accounts. The Board approved changes discussed at the Executive Group meeting to be implemented by Nicolson & Co.

(d) Funding from the Scottish Arts Council from 2007 onwards The Director gave some information regarding the progress of the application. Included in this was a copy of the note of the meeting with SAC plus a written report circulated in advance to the Board.

Katie Adam recorded her thanks to the Director for the hard work done on behalf of Fèisean nan Gàidheal.

(e) Funding from Highlands & Islands Enterprise for 2006-09 Highlands & Islands Enterprise had agreed a substantial funding package for the years 2006 to 2009, amounting to £632K. Alasdair MacLeod confirmed that Fèisean were ineligible for funding from LECs.

He apologised for the delay in coming to a conclusion but all agreed it had been worth the wait.

Fèisean nan Gàidheal were waiting on an official contract from HIE and Alasdair confirmed that this would be completed soon.

The Director confirmed that Fèisean were happy to accept the funding conditions.

Thanks were to be recorded to Alasdair Macleod and Arthur Cormack for the work.

(f) Fèisean nan Gàidheal Development Fund from 2007 onwards Because of a condition on HIE funding restricting the fèisean from applying to their Local Enterprise Company (LEC) for grant-aid, it was proposed to make changes to our Development Fund, to enable us to replace LEC funds in certain fèis projects.

David Boag, our Development Manager, had prepared a report that was circulated for discussion and the recommendations were agreed by Board members.

–  –  –

(a) Wages review A report by Anne Barke, supplemented by the Director, was circulated and discussed at the previous Board meeting, and had now been considered by the Executive Group. The paper was tabled for Board members, and the recommendation was to implement it in full.

Staff left the meeting while Board members discussed this item, and the Board agreed that the report recommendations should be implemented in full.

The Chair recorded the Board’s thanks and support to the staff.

(b) Fèisean nan Gàidheal Corporate Image As part of the process of re-developing our website, Pelican Design had come up with some ideas for a new Fèisean nan Gàidheal logo which was presented to the Board for consideration.

No decision was reached on this at the meeting.

4.2006.05 OPERATIONAL ISSUES (a) Staff Progress Reports Progress Reports from staff were circulated and their contents noted by Board members.

The Director reported on the need to set up a new company for Blas and that a Board of Directors would need to be appointed. This would happen before the end of March 2007. Alasdair MacDonald noted how useful Cèilidh Trails were for Blas and visa-versa and he was keen to keep the link. The Director explained that a portion of the Blas money was ring-fenced for Cèilidh Trails. There was a general discussion on Cèilidh Trails in the Western Isles and lack of funding support for the project.

George Stoddart highlighted a successful YMI concert in Falkirk.

(b) 2007 Annual Conference and AGM Fèis Spè had invited us to take our Annual Conference and AGM to their area, Badenoch & Strathspey, in 2007. The Board members were supportive and staff were to investigate costs. The Macdonald Highland Resort, Aviemore was a possibility.

(c) Election of Directors Laura Green was appointed for the Highland area. A vote had to be held for the Western Isles area between Tommy MacDonald and Peggy McLennan.

4.2006.06 OTHER (a) AOCB Michael Sweeney and Elizabeth Bain had to complete forms 288a and also George Stoddart as Company Secretary.

(b) Meeting of the Executive Group The papers from the Executive Group meeting held on 15 November had been circulated in their entirety by e-mail only. Board members noted this.

(c) Date of next meeting Board members were invited to set dates for meetings for 2007.

The following dates were agreed:

• 26 February 2007 in Glasgow • 28/29 May 2007 in Barra • 14 September 2007 in Aviemore • 3 December 2007 in Inverness

–  –  –

EX1.2007.01 PRELIMINARIES (a) Present Katie Adam (Fèis a’ Bhaile, Chair), George Stoddart (Fèis ‘sa Mheadhan, Secretary/Treasurer), Peggy Nicolson (Fèis an Earraich, Vice-Chair), Arthur Cormack (Fèisean nan Gàidheal Director), David Boag (Fèisean nan Gàidheal Development Manager), Anne Willoughby (Fèisean nan Gàidheal Finance & Administration Officer) (b) Apologies Morag Anna MacLeod (The Highland Council), Ian Smith (Scottish Arts Council), Alasdair MacLeod (Highlands & Islands Enterprise) (c) Minutes of previous Executive Group meeting for approval The minutes were approved as a true record.

(d) Matters arising It was noted that Fèisean nan Gàidheal had won Community Project of the Year at the Traditional Music awards held in Fort William.

EX1.2007.02 PROJECT UPDATES (a) 25 years celebratory book (verbal) Sales for the book were slow but it was still to be advertised among distributors and other outlets. Highlander Music were still selling them. The Director was going to work on this and hopefully get sales to increase over the coming months. He reported that we do not have the capability of selling them online until we have our own website.

(b) Gaelic Developments/Meanbh-Chuileag/Gaelic Drama (verbal) David Boag reported that Douglas Beck and Deirdre Graham were touring around 40 schools just now with a new play focused on citizenship. This was going well and good feedback had been received from the schools.

Calum Alex Macmillan was currently attending Feis Dhùn Èideann and moving on to Fèis Obar Dheathain at the weekend. The training day in Perth for Sgioba-G had been successful but most of the attendees were students and it was difficult to get students out of the universities when required.

Douglas Beck was running a Gaelic Drama project in Stornoway along with Christina Morrison.

Funding had been made available by Bòrd na Gàidhlig for laptops for the Sgioba-G team and these had now been ordered. David had sent an application to Bòrd na Gàidhlig for a wider range of projects and was waiting to hear the outcome in the next few weeks. The Director thanked David for his hard work and especially for submitting the application in Gaelic and complying with our Gaelic policy.

George Stoddart suggested that Ruairidh MacDonald may be worth contacting regarding Gaelic Drama summer schools.



Pages:   || 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |


Similar works:

«1 MEDIOS DE PAGO Y COBRO Lo primero en lo que hay que pensar es que vamos a manejar dinero, bien realizando ciertos desembolsos para equipar nuestro local (inversión) y abastecerlo (existencias, almacén, etc) o los tenemos pendientes por estarse realizando durante el periodo de constitución, es decir tenemos que empezar a alimentar a nuestro negocio para que él nos permita alimentarnos a nosotras en el menor plazo posible.1.1 Efectivo. Dinero contante y sonante. -Como cobradoras: Para las...»

«POWER DOCUMENT GETINGE WD 15 CLARO GETINGE Contents Power Document GETINGE WD 15 CLARO Objective with this Document Background and Introduction Customers SWOT-Analysis Strengths Weaknesses Opportunities Threats Feature, Benefit and Payoff Analysis Main Arguments Different Parts and Features Options Frequently Asked Questions Other Sources of Information Objective with this Document Power Document GETINGE WD 15 CLARO Objective with this Document The objective with this document is to be a broad...»

«Newsletter Archives www.dollsofindia.com Terracotta Art From the Earth to the Soul Copyright © 2015, DollsofIndia Terracotta, taken from Latin terra cotta or baked earth, is the art of creating glazed or unglazed porous earthenware, figurines, and other decorative materials from clay which is dried and fired in temperatures of around 1000°C giving it a distinctly orange, red, brown, yellow, or grey color. It is then covered in sand to allow it to cool down. This color depends not only on the...»

«The GRIMMER test: A method for testing the validity of reported measures of variability Jordan Anaya1 1 omnesres.com, email: omnesresnetwork@gmail.com, twitter: @omnesresnetwork Corresponding Author: Jordan Anaya1 Charlottesville, VA, US Email address: omnesresnetwork@gmail.com PeerJ Preprints | https://doi.org/10.7287/peerj.preprints.2400v1 | CC BY 4.0 Open Access | rec: 29 Aug 2016, publ: 29 Aug 2016 The GRIMMER test: A method for testing the validity of reported measures of variability...»

«ABSTRACT CHARACTERISTICS OF PRIVATE HIGH SCHOOLS Title of Dissertation: FOR STUDENTS WITH EMOTIONAL DISABILITIES AND PERCEPTIONS OF THEIR PUBLIC SCHOOL CASE MANAGERS Anthony Dwayne Wright, Doctor of Education, 2016 Dissertation directed by: Dr. Margaret J. McLaughlin, College of Education Placement of students with disabilities in private special-education schools remains costly and controversial. This is particularly concerning, given the lack of research on the characteristics and quality of...»

«Ciência & Educação (Bauru) ISSN: 1516-7313 revista@fc.unesp.br Universidade Estadual Paulista Júlio de Mesquita Filho Brasil Montino, Marisol; Petrucci, Diego; Ure, José Ernesto; Aleman, Alejandra; Pérez, Silvia Margarita UNA PROPUESTA DE TRABAJOS PRÁCTICOS DE LABORATORIO QUE FAVORECE EL APRENDIZAJE DE CONCEPTOS Ciência & Educação (Bauru), vol. 17, núm. 4, 2011, pp. 823-833 Universidade Estadual Paulista Júlio de Mesquita Filho São Paulo, Brasil Disponible en:...»

«Digitone: A Novel Soccer Goalkeeping Device A Major Qualifying Project Report: Submitted to the Faculty of the WORCESTER POLYTECHNIC INSTITUTE In partial fulfillment of the requirements for the Degree of Bachelor of Science By David Polito Tyler Wood Joseph Rucco Date: Approved: Prof. Mark Norige, BME Advisor 1. Soccer Goalkeeping Device 2. Finite Element Analysis 3. Biomechanics Prof. Satya Shivkumar, ME Advisor 1 Abstract Soccer goalkeeper hand injuries can be reduced with the use of a novel...»

«Toxin-Induced Seizures: Life-Threatening Forms of Withdrawal Steven E. Aks, DO, FACMT, FACEP A 40 year old male presents to the trauma unit at Cook County Hospital after jumping from the 4th story of a burning hotel. There are obvious bilateral fracture/dislocations of his ankles, and he complains of back pain. T 99 P 110 RR 24 BP 110/60 Alert, in moderate distress secondary to pain CT head, chest, abdomen/pelvis negative L-S L4 compression fracture + bilateral fracture dislocations of ankles...»

«From the cofounder of Fast Company and the bestselling author of Mavericks at Work and Practically Radical comes a collection of back-to-basics insights on the future of competition, leadership, and change. SIMPLY BRILLIANT How Great Organizations Do Ordinary Things in Extraordinary Ways By William C. Taylor COMING SEPTEMBER 20, 2016 TABLE OF CONTENTS PROLOGUE The New Story of Success “The Possible Is Immense” PART I STOP TRYING TO BE THE BEST, STRIVE TO BE THE ONLY The most successful...»

«Reese Campus Course Syllabus COURSE: SRGT 1442 (4:3:3) Surgical Procedures II (4 Credit Hours) SEMESTER: Spring 2013 (JanuaryMay; 16 Week Semester) CLASS TIMES: Wednesday 12:30pm-4:00pm, Lab Tuesday and Thursday INSTRUCTOR: Paul Landsman, CST OFFICE: RC 512 OFFICE HOURS: Fridays and by appointment only OFFICE PHONE: 806-716-4642 E-MAIL: plandsman@southplainscollege.edu PROGRAM FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/SPCSurgicalTechnology The Surgical Technology Program has a Facebook page at...»

«1 STEVEN NEIL MACEACHERN PERSONAL Birthdate: October 24, 1961 Married, two children Work Address: Home Address: Department of Statistics 2820 Andover Road The Ohio State University Columbus, Ohio 43221 1958 Neil Avenue (614) 486-8468 Columbus, Ohio 43210-1247 (614) 292-5843 EDUCATION Ph.D., Statistics, University of Minnesota, 1988, Phi Kappa Phi Dissertation Topic: Sequential Bayesian Bioassay Design B.A., Mathematics, magna cum laude, Carleton College, 1982, Phi Beta Kappa, Sigma Xi POSITIONS...»

«TEIRESIAS Volume 26, 1996 ISSN 0381-9361 BIBLIOGRAPHY Compiled by A. Schachter EDITORIAL NOTES S. C. BAKHUIZEN Readers of TEIRESIAS will be saddened to learn that Kees Bakhuizen died in February 1996. His premature death has robbed his family of a beloved husband and father, and the rest of us of a cherished friend, and a scholar whose work will long be valued and admired. * The Third International Congress of Boiotian Studies was held in Thebes (and elsewhere in Boiotia) in September of this...»





 
<<  HOME   |    CONTACTS
2016 www.dissertation.xlibx.info - Dissertations, online materials

Materials of this site are available for review, all rights belong to their respective owners.
If you do not agree with the fact that your material is placed on this site, please, email us, we will within 1-2 business days delete him.