WWW.DISSERTATION.XLIBX.INFO
FREE ELECTRONIC LIBRARY - Dissertations, online materials
 
<< HOME
CONTACTS



«MINUTES OF NEW ZEALAND BRIDGE BOARD MEETING Held Sunday April 17th & Monday April 18th at Jet Park Hotel Auckland commencing at 9.30am Sunday ...»

MINUTES OF NEW ZEALAND BRIDGE BOARD MEETING

Held Sunday April 17th & Monday April 18th at Jet Park Hotel

Auckland commencing at 9.30am Sunday

PARTICIPATING: Kay Nicholas (Chair), Graham Wakefield, Alan Turner, Patsy

Walters, Jenny Wilkinson & Allan Barclay

In Attendance: Richard Solomon- Bridge Development Officer, Alister Stuck Secretary.

Apologies: Arie Geursen - overseas & Patsy Walters- flight delayed

1. WELCOME

Kay welcomed all to the meeting, in particular Allan Barclay as the successful candidate in the recent Board elections.

2. CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES

Copies of the following minutes were circulated prior to the meeting.

 Board Meetings – 24 March 2011  Resolutions - 4 April 2011 & 6 April 2011 Moved that the Minutes of the Meetings held 24 March 2011 and the record of resolutions passed 4th & 6th April 2011 as circulated be confirmed.

CARRIED 19/2011

3. OUTSTANDING ITEMS

 Constitution Changes Graham confirmed registration of changes is still outstanding. It was agreed that the necessary paperwork with be collated during the meeting to enable Graham to register the changes during the following week.

 Preparation 2011 Manual Significant work had been undertaken updating the Manual in readiness for the reprint. The content of the Masterpoint section required further review and it was agreed that Allan Barclay and Graham Wakefield would undertake this project prior to releasing the draft to Claire Woodhall for further editing.

1 A new section F is to be added to the Manual for the various Delegation of Authority Documents. All Committees to review and in some cases create a suitable document for this purpose.

It was agreed to timetable the printing of the Manual so that it would be distributed prior to the National Congress in July. The existing Manual to remain in-force meantime.

 Telecom -Website outage It was agreed that this matter would not be pursued further.

 March 2011 Annual Accounts Alister reported that completion of the financial statements is well underway and tentative arrangements have been made for David Macdonald to complete the Audit in Palmerston North by the end of May.

 Annual Report Kay and Alister to complete.

 Annual Budget Planning Alan Turner reported that the draft budget had been prepared and circulated. It was agreed that any adjustments are to be submitted by May 31 to enable the budget to be ratified at the June meeting.

 System Summary for Junior and Intermediate Events Alister reported that Julie had not completed this project. It was agreed that he would contact Julie to ensure that this is available for inclusion in

–  –  –

 Communication Standards During this segment Kay initiated a discussion regarding the standard and presentation of our written communications. It was agreed that in future, emails are to be coded with a heading that will enable to message to be filed appropriately. This will assist Alister in particular who received upwards of 100 messages daily. It was further agreed that new emails be generated where possible rather than using previous emails (unrelated in content) simply for convenience sake. Email Lists for various user groups would be helpful for all Board Members. Alister & Kay to compile and circulate.

2

5. BOARD REPORTS  Bridge Development Richard spoke to his Report which had been circulated prior to the meeting. It was noted that initial registrations for the youth weekend are down on the previous year. It was agreed that Richard would collate data from the list of attendees in recent years to gauge what percentage has converted to full Club membership. These findings are to be presented at the June meeting.

Richard advised that he was reviewing the Bridge in Schools initiative arising from the limited "take up" in recent years and was investigating the concept of a School holiday programme as an alternative approach.

 Congress Loss of Trophy – Richard advised that the Trophy for the Intermediate Interprovincial Teams Event had been lost.

Moved that Richard be authorised to purchase a suitable replacement prior to the event in July.

CARRIED 21/2011 A discussion ensued regarding the security of the remaining Trophies and what steps could be taken to ensure that further loses are not incurred. It was agreed that Richard would develop and maintain a Spreadsheet of all NZ Bridge Trophies including the contact details of the current holder. This information is also to be made available to our Archivist Evelyn Hurley.

Donation to Earthquake Appeal – The Congress Committee sought permission to make a cash donation of $3000 to the NZ Bridge Foundations Earthquake Appeal Fund. It was the view of the Board that given the significant capital expenditure budget that the Congress Committee had recently presented, that the funds be retained for this purpose, with the Board to further review the circumstances after the actual financial outcome of the Congress has been demonstrated.

It was noted that the decision did not preclude a collection being taken up from players at the Congress, as has been the case previously for the Tsunami Appeal.

Congress Committee Capex Requirements – A lengthy discussion ensured regarding the ongoing funding requirements identified by the Congress Committee. It was agreed that it was essential forward planning be undertaken to ensure future requirements of the Congress Committee can be funded from Congress surpluses. It was agreed that the Congress entry fees need to be further reviewed to allow for a Capex fund for the future.





3 Richard is to brief the Congress Committee as to these requirements. Further, Richard will coordinate the preparation of a detailed Strategic Plan to include consideration to succession planning and an asset purchasing plan Moved that the Reports & Meeting Minutes from Richard Solomon, as circulated, be received.

–  –  –

 Finance Alan Turner presented the Financial Report. It was agreed that Alan would prepare and circulate this information on a monthly basis in preference to the current practice of holding over to the next face to face meeting. Alister is to provide details of Debtors to be included in Alan’s monthly mail-out.

–  –  –

Senior Nina Hewitt & Dennis McCaughan appointed as the reserve pair.

Open Wayne Burrows & Pamela Livingston to replace Alan Grant & Anthony Ker who withdrew from the team for personal reasons.

Youth Val Gardiner appointed NPC Self Funded Seniors Team The proposal for nomination of a self funded Seniors Team (Robb- New Zealand) comprising Trevor Robb (playing Captain) Andrew Janisz, Les Gould & Gary Duncan was approved subject to the revised conditions applicable to such teams to be published shortly by separate Bulletin.

–  –  –

6. REGIONAL REPORTS Minutes from 5 regions had been received and circulated prior to the Meeting.

No Report or Minutes have been received from the Canterbury Region since October 2010. Alister is to follow this up, and also advise that Jenny Wilkinson would like to attend their next meeting in her capacity as a Board Member.

The pro-active work undertaken by the Waikato Bays Region was noted and acknowledged.

It was agreed that Alister would re-send the Logo to the Regions so that this can be incorporated into their templates. Kay undertook to provide the Regions with address footers if required.

–  –  –

3.50pm Patsy left the meeting

7. GENERAL BUSINESS  Appointment of Recorders Further to Resolution 9/2011 (Feb 2011 Meeting) the appointment of the National & Regional Recorders had been completed. The Board noted the following

appointments for the two year period commencing 1 April 2011:

–  –  –

5  Teaching Project:

It was noted with disappointment that progress with this important project had stalled. It was agreed that Alan Turner would now drive the project and look to assemble the contributors at a meeting to be held during the Congress. Kay has agreed to format and circulate module 1. Alan to report further prior to the June meeting.

 Tournament Taskforce Alister has undertaken to co-ordinate this initiative and will present some initial recommendations at the June meeting.

–  –  –

 Appointment of Delegates to Zone 7 Meeting Alister reported that the Zone 7 Council would meet at the conclusion of the APBF event in Malaysia.

–  –  –

 Coaching Grant Policy Richard has undertaken to review this and to work with Lynne Fegan to draft an evaluation section that will form part of the application process. The evaluation form is to be received and reviewed by the Regional Committees prior to payment of any Grants. It was agreed that the revised document be available for publication by May 31 2011.

–  –  –

Policy Review – Corporate Travel Insurance  The International Committee sought a review of the recent policy decision where the benefit of the organisations’ Corporate Travel Policy had been made available to members of self funded Teams competing offshore.

–  –  –

Alister to update the Bulletin relating to self funded Teams and place on the Website. Graham will draft a separate Code of Conduct Document for self funded teams which would include a comprehensive indemnity in favour of NZB, and a requirement for a declaration by each individual that they will have purchased private Travel Insurance to their own requirements prior to departure.

 Scoring Programme Liaison Following the resignation of Julie Atkinson the Board agreed to appoint Keith Nicholas to act in the capacity in this position and to liaise with Martin Oyston. It was also agreed to host a meeting with Martin during Congress to discuss the ongoing development of the Scoring Programme and to discuss opportunities where by NZ Bridge could make a further investment in the project on behalf of participating Clubs.

–  –  –

7  Board Portfolios It was agreed to defer the review of members’ portfolios until the June meeting by which time the casual vacancy on the Board will have been filled.

 GST on Levies It was agreed that this be added to the “Outstanding Items” List and flagged for further discussion at the August meeting.

 GST on Masterpoints Moved that Masterpoints will continue to be charged at the existing rates as per page E8 of the Manual but that for clarity this page be amended to read + GST where applicable.

CARRIED 35/2011 Regulations Update – Organisation and Running of 10A & 15A Tournaments  Moved that the following paragraph on page B5 of the Manual, namely:Although the running of these events is delegated to the Regions (who in turn may ask one of their Clubs to host the event), NZ Bridge reserves the right to approve the appointment of the Director and the format. Therefore, we urge organisers (the Match Committee) to consult with the Board if there is any doubt as to the appropriate format. The Secretary of NZ Bridge has a list of contact details of NZ Bridge Officials who can assist.

Every effort should be made to appoint a National Director to officiate or at the very least be present in an official capacity to assist a Tournament Director. If a National Director is not available, see Tournament Director’s Policy (page C5)."

be replaced to read as follows:Although the organisation and running of these events is delegated to the Regions (who in turn may ask one of their Clubs to host the event), New Zealand Bridge will appoint the Director for all 15A and above events. In addition final signoff of the Tournament Notice and the event format lies with NZ Bridge by way of delegation to the Chief Director.” CARRIED 36/2011

6.30pm - Meeting Adjourned

8.30am Monday April 18th 2011- Meeting Resumed Apologies: Arie Geursen, Patsy Walters & Richard Solomon

–  –  –

Mileage Rates Allan Barclay sought clarification regarding the Mileage reimbursement rate, and when this was set and reviewed. It was the view of those present that no adjustment to the current Mileage rate of 50 cents per Km was warranted.

–  –  –

NPC Reports- Interprovincial Teams Allan Barclay tabled this item. It was agreed that page D38 in the Manual be amended to include a further duty requiring the completion of a Captains report. This is to be furnished to the relevant Regional Committee on each occasion, as soon after the conclusion of the Interprovincials as possible. Allan Barclay will design and circulate a suitable Template for this purpose.

Workshop- Events Management It was agreed that the Board would host a workshop after Congress to review the management of major Bridge events including the National Congress, with Congress Committee Members invited to participate on that occasion.

9.50 am Meeting Closed Dates of next Meetings 10 June & 11 June 2011 - Wellington 5 August 2011 – Wellington, followed by a Regional Conference

9



Similar works:

«Medium-term Employment Challenges January 2010 Iain Begg, Christine Erhel and Jørgen Mortensen This report constitutes a part of the full outcome of the METEMPLIS project, a study on “Medium-term challenges of the Lisbon Strategy” undertaken by CEPS for the Directorate-General for Employment, Social Affairs and Equal Opportunities. Contract № DG EMPL VT/2008/010. ISBN-13: 978-92-9079-977-1 Available for free downloading from the CEPS website (http://www.ceps.eu) © Iain Begg, Christine...»

«47 What’s the Heart Got to Do, Got to do With It? Spirochetes What has the Center for Disease Control (CDC) most concerned right now? Mycobacterium, the class of germs the trombone player from Chapter One fought. MRSA belongs to it. So does tuberculosis. Many bacteria in this class have a characteristic receiving renewed attention – they have several life phases, an adaptation that gives them powerful survival strategies. As described in the last chapter, current antibiotics target...»

«Gazdálkodástani Doktori Iskola THESIS SUMMARY Ildikó Kemény COMPETITION IS JUST A CLICK AWAY Repurchasing and Word of Mouth Intention in the Different E-Commerce Categories Ph.D. dissertation Supervisor: CSc Dr Judit Simon Professor Budapest, 2015 Department of Marketing Research and Consumer Behaviour THESIS SUMMARY To the Ph.D. dissertation Ildikó Kemény COMPETITION IS JUST A CLICK AWAY Repurchasing and Word of Mouth Intention in the Different E-Commerce Categories Supervisor: CSc Dr...»

«Copyright by Amanda Ann Douberley 2015 The Dissertation Committee for Amanda Ann Douberley Certifies that this is the approved version of the following dissertation: The Corporate Model: Sculpture, Architecture, and the American City, 1946-1975 Committee: Ann Reynolds, Supervisor Anthony Alofsin Linda Henderson Howard Singerman Cherise Smith Eric Wolf The Corporate Model: Sculpture, Architecture, and the American City, 1946-1975 by Amanda Ann Douberley, B.A., M.A. Dissertation Presented to the...»

«International Conference on Computing, E-Learning and Emerging Technology & International Conference on Advances in Computer, Electrical and Electronic Engineering Sydney, Australia iNotified: An SMS and RFID-Based Notification System of Lipa City Colleges, Lipa City, Batangas, Philippines Mr. Philip Villamin Mojares Lipa City Colleges, Lipa City, Batangas No. 10 G.A. Solis St., Lipa City Colleges, Lipa City, Batangas, Philippines 4217 phijuv@yahoo.com Abstract : In the advent of technology,...»

«VANGUARD the Spring 2015 LITERARY MAGAZINE a Brandon Baionno, Untitled Christa Tropiano, Untitled TABLE OF CONTENTS Front Cover Art by Brandon Baionno Inside Front Cover Art by Christa Tropiano Table of Contents Message from the Editor Icy Needles by Brianna McCray James Bond (Artwork) by Cindy Hitchner Everyone Sins by Shelby Carlton Nice Kitty by Paul McCullough Untitled (Artwork) by Brielle Gall Untitled (Artwork) by Brandie Brimfield Invisible Girl by Shelby Carlton Untitled (Artwork) by...»

«Medicare General Information, Eligibility, and Entitlement Chapter 4 Physician Certification and Recertification of Services Table of Contents (Rev. 101, 09-16-16) Transmittals for Chapter 4 10 Certification and Recertification by Physicians for Hospital Services General 10.1 Failure to Certify or Recertify for Hospital Services 10.2 Who May Sign Certification or Recertification 10.3 Certification for Hospital Admissions for Dental Services 10.4 Inpatient Hospital Services Certification and...»

«GENERATION OF TEXTURES AND GEOMETRIC PSEUDO-URBAN MODELS WITH THE AID OF IFS Xavier Marsault UMR CNRS MAP, Modèles et simulations pour l'Architecture, l'urbanisme et le Paysage Laboratoire ARIA, Ecole d’Architecture de Lyon 3, rue Maurice Audin, 69512 Vaulx en Velin Xavier.Marsault@lyon.archi.fr http://www.aria.archi.fr ABSTRACT Geometric and functional modelling of cities has become a growing field of interest, raised by the development and democratisation of computers being able to support...»

«St. Joseph (son of Jacob) From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Joseph (Hebrew: ‫, יוֹסֵף‬Standard Yosef Tiberian Yôsēp, ̄ Arabic:, Yūsuf ; May Yahweh add) is an important character in the Hebrew Bible, where he connects the story of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in Canaan to the subsequent story of the liberation of the Israelites from slavery in Egypt. The Book of Genesis tells how Joseph was the 11th of Jacob's 12 sons and Rachel's firstborn. Joseph was sold into slavery by his...»

«NOTES ON THE OLIVOCEREBELLAR CONNECTIONS* H. M. ZIMMERMAN AND BERNARD S. BRODY In a previous communication' evidence was adduced to indicate that the dorsal accessory olives of the medulla are connected with the dorsal part of the vermis (lingula, lobus centralis, culmen and declive) and that the ventromedian accessory olives and the ventral limbs of the inferior olives are connected with the ventral part of the vermis (folium, tuber, pyramis, uvula and nodulus). Holmes and Stewart2 and...»

«UNR Journal ISSN 1852-0707 Publicación Semestral CREACIÓN E IDENTIDAD DE LA UNR La vida universitaria en la ciudad de Rosario se inició hacia 1920 como consecuencia de la creación de la Universidad Nacional del Litoral, bajo el influjo de uno de los movimientos culturales más trascendentes del siglo XX en Latinoamérica –la Reforma Universitaria de 1918y con el objeto de desarrollar la enseñanza superior en las provincias de Santa Fe, Corrientes y Entre Ríos. Rosario y su región ya...»

«Simposio LAS/ANS 2007 / 2007 LAS/ANS Symposium XVIII Congreso Anual de la SNM / XVIII SNM Annual Meeting XXV Reunión Anual de la SMSR / XXV SMSR Annual Meeting Copatrocinado por la AMEE / Co-sponsored by AMEE Cancún, Quintana Roo, MÉXICO, del 1 al 5 de Julio 2007 / Cancun, Quintana Roo, MEXICO, July 1-5, 2007 Selección, Procesamiento y Aplicación Clínica de Tejido Músculo-Esquelético Daniel Luna Zaragoza, Ma. Lourdes Reyes Frías, Consuelo Lavalley Echeverría y Gabriel Castañeda...»





 
<<  HOME   |    CONTACTS
2016 www.dissertation.xlibx.info - Dissertations, online materials

Materials of this site are available for review, all rights belong to their respective owners.
If you do not agree with the fact that your material is placed on this site, please, email us, we will within 1-2 business days delete him.