«UniFi ac Pro Mounting Bracket Ceiling Backing Plate Flat Head Screws Keps Nuts Screws (M3x50, Qty. 4) (M3, Qty. 4) (M2.9x20, Qty. 4) 802.11ac PRO ...»
Pro Access Point
Thank you for purchasing the Ubiquiti Networks®
UniFi® 802.11ac Dual-Radio Pro Access Point. This Quick Start
Guide is designed to guide you through installation and
includes warranty terms.
Important: The UAP-AC-PRO requires the UniFi Controller
v4.7 or newer, available at: downloads.ubnt.com/unifi
UniFi ac Pro Mounting Bracket Ceiling Backing Plate
Flat Head Screws Keps Nuts Screws (M3x50, Qty. 4) (M3, Qty. 4) (M2.9x20, Qty. 4)
• Phillips screwdriver
• Drill and drill bit (6 mm for wall-mounting or 3 mm for ceiling-mounting)
• Optional: Drywall or keyhole saw (to cut 18 mm hole for Ethernet cable feed)
• Cat5/6 UTP cable for indoor installations Outdoor Installation Requirements Important: The UAP-AC-PRO may be installed outdoors under an eave or other protected location. Do not install the UniFi AP in an open environment.
• Mounting location should be at least 60 cm (2 ft) from the edge of the eave or ceiling.
• Cable feed opening must be directed away from the open environment.
• Cable feed must be pointed downwards when wall-mounted.
• Shielded Category 5 (or above) cabling should be used for all outdoor wired Ethernet connections and should be grounded through the AC ground of the PoE.
We recommend that you protect your networks from harmful outdoor environments and destructive ESD events with industrial-grade, shielded Ethernet cable from Ubiquiti Networks. For more details, visit www.ubnt.com/toughcable System Requirements
• Linux, Mac OS X, or Microsoft Windows 7/8/10
• Java Runtime Environment 1.6 (1.8 or newer recommended)
• Web Browser: Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, or Microsoft Internet Explorer 10 (or newer)
• UniFi Controller software v4.8.5 or newer (available at:
downloads.ubnt.com/unifi) Network Topology Requirements
• A DHCP-enabled network (for the AP to obtain an IP address as well as for the wireless clients after deployment)
• A UniFi Cloud Key or management station running the UniFi Controller v4.7 (or newer) software, located either on-site and connected to the same Layer-2 network, or off-site in the cloud or NOC
All UniFi devices support off-site management controllers.
For setup details, see the User Guide on the website:
documentation.ubnt.com/unifi Hardware Overview LED
Secondary The Secondary port is a Gigabit Ethernet port used for bridging.
Reset The Reset button serves two functions for the UniFi AP:
• Restart Press and release the Reset button quickly.
• Restore to Factory Default Settings Press and hold the Reset button for more than five seconds.
Main The Main port is a Gigabit Ethernet port used to connect the power and should be connected to the LAN and DHCP server.
Note: If you need to remove the UniFi AP from the Mounting Bracket, insert a paper clip in the Security Slot to release the Locking Tab and turn the UniFi AP counterclockwise.
Hardware Installation The UniFi AP can be mounted on the wall or ceiling. Perform
the steps for the appropriate installation:
1. Position the Mounting Bracket at the desired location on the wall with the Arrow pointing up.
2. Mark the four mounting holes, and use a 6 mm drill bit to drill the holes.
3. If your Ethernet cable feeds through the wall, cut or drill a circle approximately 18 mm in diameter (as shown below).
Then feed the CAT5/6 cable through the hole.
5. Remove the rubber port cover from the UniFi AP.
6. If the Ethernet cable is fed through the wall, skip to step 7.
If the Ethernet cable runs along the mounting surface, remove the cable feed plug.
7. Feed the Ethernet cable through the port cover.
Note: The feed hole will stretch to accommodate the RJ45 connector, and then seal around the cable.
8. Connect the Ethernet cable to the Main port and replace the port cover.
9. Align the Notch on the top edge of the UniFi AP with the Arrow on the Mounting Bracket.
10. Rotate the UniFi AP clockwise until the tabs lock into place and the Lock Tab engages.
1. Remove the ceiling tile.
2. Place the Ceiling Backing Plate in the center of the ceiling tile. Mark the four mounting screw holes and a 18 mm hole for the Ethernet cable feed.
3. Use a 3 mm drill bit to drill the screw holes, and cut or drill the hole for the Ethernet cable feed.
4. Insert the Flat Head Screws through the Mounting Bracket, ceiling tile, and Ceiling Backing Plate. Fasten the screws using the Keps Nuts. Then feed the Ethernet cable through the tile and bracket.
5. Remove the port cover from the UniFi AP, and then feed the Ethernet cable through the port cover.
Note: The feed hole will stretch to accommodate the RJ45 connector, and then seal around the cable.
6. Connect the Ethernet cable to the Main port and replace the port cover.
7. Align the Notch on the top edge of the UniFi AP with the Arrow on the Mounting Bracket.
8. Rotate the UniFi AP clockwise until the tabs lock into place and the Lock Tab engages.
9. Set the ceiling tile back into place.
*640-00183-06* 640-00183-06 Powering the UniFi AP The UAP-AC-PRO features auto-sensing 802.3af/802.3at PoE
support and can be powered by any of the following:
• Ubiquiti Networks UniFi Switch • 802.3af/802.3at PoE+ compliant switch
• Ubiquiti Networks Gigabit PoE Adapter (48V, 0.5A) The single-pack of the UAP-AC-PRO includes one Gigabit PoE adapter. For multi-pack units, PoE adapters or a UniFi Switch may be purchased separately.
Connecting to a PoE Switch Connect the Ethernet cable from the UniFi AP directly to a PoE port on the switch.
1 3 5 7 2 9 4 11 6 13 8 15 10 17 12 19 14 21 16 22 18
Mounting the PoE Adapter (Optional)
1. Remove the PoE Mounting Bracket from the adapter, place the bracket at the desired location, and mark the two holes.
2. Pre-drill the holes if necessary, and secure the bracket using two fasteners (not included).
3. Align the adapter’s slots with the tabs of the PoE Mounting Bracket, and then slide the adapter down.
Software Installation Download and install the latest version of the UniFi Controller software at: downloads.ubnt.com/unifi Launch the software and follow the on-screen instructions.
Step-by-step instructions are available in the User Guide located on our website: documentation.ubnt.com/unifi After you have installed the software and run the UniFi Installation Wizard, a login screen will appear for the UniFi Controller management interface. Enter the Admin Name and Password that you created and click Log In.
* Included with the single-pack of the UAP-AC-PRO Safety Notices
1. Read, follow, and keep these instructions.
2. Heed all warnings.
3. Only use attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer.
WARNING: Do not use this product in location that can be submerged by water.
WARNING: Avoid using this product during an electrical storm. There may be a remote risk of electric shock from lightning.
Electrical Safety Information
1. Compliance is required with respect to voltage, frequency, and current requirements indicated on the manufacturer’s label. Connection to a different power source than those specified may result in improper operation, damage to the equipment or pose a fire hazard if the limitations are not followed.
2. There are no operator serviceable parts inside this equipment. Service should be provided only by a qualified service technician.
3. This equipment is provided with a detachable power cord which has an integral safety ground wire intended for connection to a grounded safety outlet.
a. Do not substitute the power cord with one that is not the provided approved type. Never use an adapter plug to connect to a 2-wire outlet as this will defeat the continuity of the grounding wire.
b. The equipment requires the use of the ground wire as a part of the safety certification, modification or misuse can provide a shock hazard that can result in serious injury or death.
c. Contact a qualified electrician or the manufacturer if there are questions about the installation prior to connecting the equipment.
d. Protective earthing is provided by Listed AC adapter. Building installation shall provide appropriate short-circuit backup protection.
e. Protective bonding must be installed in accordance with local national wiring rules and regulations.
Limited Warranty UBIQUITI NETWORKS, Inc (“UBIQUITI NETWORKS”) warrants that the product(s) furnished hereunder (the “Product(s)”) shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of shipment by UBIQUITI NETWORKS under normal use and operation.
UBIQUITI NETWORKS’ sole and exclusive obligation and liability under the foregoing warranty shall be for UBIQUITI NETWORKS, at its discretion, to repair or replace any Product that fails to conform to the above warranty during the above warranty period. The expense of removal and reinstallation of any Product is not included in this warranty. The warranty period of any repaired or replaced Product shall not extend beyond its original term.
The above warranty does not apply if the Product:
(I) has been modified and/or altered, or an addition made thereto, except by Ubiquiti Networks, or Ubiquiti Networks’ authorized representatives, or as approved by Ubiquiti Networks in writing;
(II) has been painted, rebranded or physically modified in any way;
(III) has been damaged due to errors or defects in cabling;
(IV) has been subjected to misuse, abuse, negligence, abnormal physical, electromagnetic or electrical stress, including lightning strikes, or accident;
(V) has been damaged or impaired as a result of using third party firmware;
(VI) has no original Ubiquiti MAC label, or is missing any other original Ubiquiti label(s); or (VII) has not been received by Ubiquiti within 30 days of issuance of the RMA.
In addition, the above warranty shall apply only if: the product has been properly installed and used at all times in accordance, and in all material respects, with the applicable Product documentation; all Ethernet cabling runs use CAT5 (or above), and for outdoor installations, shielded Ethernet cabling is used, and for indoor installations, indoor cabling requirements are followed.
Returns No Products will be accepted for replacement or repair without obtaining a Return Materials Authorization (RMA) number from UBIQUITI NETWORKS during the warranty period, and the Products being received at UBIQUITI NETWORKS’ facility freight prepaid in accordance with the RMA process of UBIQUITI NETWORKS. Products returned without an RMA number will not be processed and will be returned freight collect or subject to disposal.
Information on the RMA process and obtaining an RMA number can be found at: www.ubnt.com/support/warranty.
EXCEPT FOR ANY EXPRESS WARRANTIES PROVIDED HEREIN, UBIQUITI
NETWORKS, ITS AFFILIATES, AND ITS AND THEIR THIRD PARTY DATA,
SERVICE, SOFTWARE AND HARDWARE PROVIDERS HEREBY DISCLAIM
AND MAKE NO OTHER REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND,
EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO,
REPRESENTATIONS, GUARANTEES, OR WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
ACCURACY, QUALITY OF SERVICE OR RESULTS, AVAILABILITY,
SATISFACTORY QUALITY, LACK OF VIRUSES, QUIET ENJOYMENT, FITNESS
FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT AND ANY
WARRANTIES ARISING FROM ANY COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE OR
TRADE PRACTICE IN CONNECTION WITH SUCH PRODUCTS AND SERVICES.