«USACAMP L E T YO U R I D E A F LY New York Stock Exchange February 26, 2014 ITALIACAMP CALLS USA STA RT- U P S L L ST R E E T ABOUT THIS ...»
International Project of
L E T YO U R I D E A F LY
New York Stock Exchange
February 26, 2014
ITALIACAMP CALLS USA
STA RT- U P S @WA L L ST R E E T
ABOUT THIS PRESENTATION
This document contains a short-list of Italian start-ups
that will be presented by ItaliaCamp at its USACamp main event on the trading floor of Wall Street, NYC, on February 26.
The aim is to give a preview of our start-ups to a limited number of parties who have been selected as potential investors/subjects interested in participating to our event.
D I S C LA I M E R
The recipients of this Presentation acknowledge and agree that the information included is to be deemed as strictly private and confidential, and may not be used, disseminated and/or copied. By accepting this presentation the recipient agrees that the Presentation may not be distributed, reproduced or used without the expressed consent of ItaliaCamp and will cause its directors, officers, employees and representatives to use the Presentation only to evaluate the Proposed Trans action and for no other purpose.
The information contained in this Presentation was obtained from each of the Start-Ups and other sources. Estimates and projections, if any, contained herein involve significant elements of subjective judgment and analysis which may or may not be correct and are based on information availab le at the time this Presentation was prepared. ItaliaCamp does not make any representation or warranty, expressed or implied, or accept any responsibility or lia bility, as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained in this Presentation and nothing contained herein is, or shall be relied upon as, a promise or representation, whether as to the past or the future. Only those representations and warranties contained in a definitive agreement shall have any legal effect.
This Prese ntation does not purport to contain all of the information that may be required to evaluate the Proposed Transaction and any recipient hereof should conduct its own indepen dent analysis and the data contained or referred to herein. This Presentation may be subject to update and/or revision by ItaliaCam p without notice.
This Presentation does not constitute a promise to sell or an offer or invitation to bid within the meaning of Article 1336 o f the Italian Civil Code or otherwise form the basis of any contractual or pre-contractual obligation on the part of ItaliaCamp in respect of any possible agreement to be entered into in connection with the Proposed Transaction; any such obligation shall exist only to the extent contained in a definitive agreement with respect to the Propo sed Transaction entered into between you and each of the Start-ups and, possibly, other legal entities related to ItaliaCamp.
1. ATHONET | COMPACT TRANSPORTABLE BROADBAND WIRELESS NETWORKThis business project promotes private networks of telecommunications based on wireless, compact, and transportable technology and thus it is extremely flexible. The Company builds mobile networks where communication is necessary to ensure high reliability (e.g. in critical and emergency contexts as those in which the civil protection and public rescue forces operate) and where the normal networks do not always arrive (e.g. rural areas subjected to digital divide, inaccessible natural areas, ships, large logistic infrastructures, etc.). In the aftermath of the earthquake in Italy, the Company was able to ensure communication for disaster relief weeks before the normal telephone networks were restored; an experience that has earned the project a medal from the President of the Republic.
2. SEM+ | FLEXIBLE AND PRESSURE SENSITIVE TOUCH PRODUCTSThe business project will allow users to engage in multi-touch, pressure sensitive, rugged, flexible and distributed detection usage on tablets or mobile devices. With current solutions it is possible to measure where an user touch a screen, but with Company’s new patented technology it is also possible to detect how hard an user press the screen and this will enable new functionalities. The Company’s product, applied in consumer electronic devices, enables a more natural interaction between humans and devices. The Company won the Intel Business Challenge in 2013 and it has taken part in a startup accelerator program at Plug & Play Technology Center in Sunnyvale, California.
3. TAGGALO | DIGITAL-OUT-OF-HOME INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONSThe business project relies on a robust digital image processing software developers team teaming with ARM architecture experts. The Company’s main challenge is leverage the huge expertise of the Italian National Reserach Council in writing and optimizing digital imaging algorithms and provide a cost-effective solution which can run on low-cost, small sized, mobile-like devices, based on a ARM architecture. To build a complete set of smart sensors providing the highest reliability and the lowest complexity for a easy setup and maintenance free operations. The Company offers two different solutions: Taggalo proofof-display that provides in real-time the advertising proof-of-delivery at the screen level;
Taggalo proof-of-audience that integrates the best in class human detection algorithms in a cost effective and reliable hardware to provide the Digital-Out-Of-Home and the retail industry with realtime audience data.
4. OSVEHICLE | HACKING THE AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRYThe business project is the first open source framework for the creation of vehicles. It has been defined as the “Ikea Car” and the “Arduino for mobility”, since the car can be directly assembled by customers in their own garage in less than one hour. The vehicle has been studied for a number of passengers comprised between two to four, and it is compatible with electric motors, hybrid and internal combustion engines. The cost of the final product can be as small as 8 thousand dollars, engine included. The final goal of the project is to open the door for a new business by lowering the barrier to entry in the vehicles market, through a universal and versatile platform.
ONLINE www.osvehicle.com 2 nd
CORNER2ND CORNER - INTERNET, SOFTWARE & BIG DATA
5. HYPERTV | SECOND SCREEN APP TO ENRICH A TV EXPERIENCE● T he business project develops and provides an interactive video web platform. The platform allows applications running on second screens, such as smartphones and tablets, to automatically recognize the content being played on the ‘first’ screen, the TV, and synchronizes with it. Upon synchronization, relevant gaming content can be triggered to the second screen enabling consumers to benefit from unique social media experience and offering broadcaster an effective solution to engage their audience with the primary show with compelling experience, with real time behavioral and traffic analysis. The final result is a remix of contents to provide a complete experience made of information, entertainment and interaction.
6. CLOUDESIRE | A BRAND NEW WAY TO SELL AND DELIVER IT SERVICES IN THE CLOUD● C reated by a team of entrepreneurs with international experience, the business project is based on the implementation and diffusion of a cloud platform that offers an innovative way to sell and deploy web applications in SaaS modality (Software as a Service). The company enables software companies to sell and distribute their applications on the cloud within a few minutes and easily manage all of the commercial and marketing activities that are essential to the business, thus avoiding costly investments in hardware infrastructure or in training.
7. PICK1 | TRANSFORMS BIG DATA INTO RETARGETING TOOLSPick1 provides a dynamic and scalable platform to develop actionable insights and intelligently deliver targeted campaigns to customers by converting users into actionable data. When users engage, Pick1 extracts their structured and unstructured data (100+ fields of data avg.) and provides the aggregated data to clients in a real-time dashboard.
Clients can create filters that further segment the users and through Pick1 retarget those users in the most targeted ad campaign a company may ever run. Pick1 collects opinion data across various touchpoints, leveraging the traffic and the audience to enrich a single database of information. Data are analyzed through Pick1’s business intelligence engine and are used to connect back with your customers, delivering more personalized content or advertising. This enables companies to gain a deeper understanding of who their users are and how to engage with them.
ONLINE www.pick1.com 3 rd
CORNER3RD CORNER - LIFE SCIENCE
8. EMPATICA | SMART WRISTBAND FOR HEALTH TRACKINGThe business project develops software for real time emotion tracking based on physiological signals and mood analysis. The technology comprises a set of wristband, software running on smartphone and desktop computing, plus real time syncing with a cloud computing service. The wristband can measure the heart rate, the skin conductivity, the body temperature, the movement and the indoor positioning, and all measurement can be viewed and analyzed through an online dashboard. The Company has a base both in Italy and in California and the most famous universities and hospitals in the world already use its product.
9. ORANGE FIBER | SUBSTAINABLE AND VITAMINIC TEXTILE FROM CITRUS WASTEThe project aims at the creation of sustainable fabrics from citrus waste, using nanotechnologies and R&D processes. The Sicilian citrus market indeed generates every year more than 700.000 tons of industrial waste, that can be used for recycling.
The product was developed in cooperation with Politecnico di Milano, the result was a prototype of cellulose acetate from citrus, apt to be spinned. The product was patented and is now ready for the market. On a second round a new piece of innovation was added, enriching the sustainable textile with natural oils releasing vitamins on the skin of everyone who wears the textile. Therefore the textile will have a cosmetic effect on the customer’s skin.
10. EXIM | HIGH-FLEXIBILITY LOW-COST EXOSCHELETON IN MOTIONProposed by a group of academics and researchers, the business project is based on the production and marketing of a biomedical flexible exoskeleton that allows a person who wears it to be supported in the execution of a motor task or, at most, completely substitute its muscle action. Its strengths concern the affordability compared to its competitors and flexibility compared to the models currently on the market. In addition, the project is a revolution for those who have spinal cord injuries or neuromuscular deficit. The prototype is already protected by a patent in Italy and is awaiting the European patent. It is also expected the integration of an exoskeleton device with a virtual reality helmet, already protected by a U.S. patent.
11. ABIEL | BIOMEDICAL AND INDUSTRIAL APPLICATION OF LYTIC ENZYMESThe Company, a spin-off of CNR and the University of Palermo, is specialized in the research and in the production of lytic enzymes for cell therapy and regenerative medicine.
It works and cooperates with prestigious national and international entities including The Diabetes Research Institute of Miami, Life Sciences Capital S.p.A., Niguarda Ca’ Granda Hospital, CNR-IAMC and the University of Palermo. The mission of ABIEL is to develop, produce and commercialize new molecules and substances active in the lysis of the extracellular matrix, and is particularly interested in the new enzymes that are capable of optimizing tissue digestion procedures with particular regard to the field of regenerative medicine. In addition it aims to become a leader in the research and industrial production of lytic enzymes.
ONLINE www.abielbiotech.com 4 th
CORNER4TH CORNER - LIFE SCIENCE
12. I-EM | SMART GRID MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS The business project offers complete ICT solutions for the management of distributed generation, energy efficiency, storage systems and smart grids. In particular, the company designs systems for planning energy production from monitoring renewables output to managing smart grids and virtual power plants. The company was founded after it won the Enel Lab Competition, and it subsequently spun out of an important developer and provider of remote sensing technologies. The company is already providing systems for the management of photovoltaic and mini-wind energy parks to Enel Green Power and it also provides management systems to Global Power Service which operates in the high voltage electrical industry and NIDEC which has recently built a 20 MWp photovoltaic plant in China.