«Homeowners Guide Single-Control Bath and Shower Trim K-T16225 K-T16233 K-T16234 K-T16235 K-16246 M product numbers are for Mexico (i.e. K-12345M) Los ...»
Single-Control Bath and Shower Trim
M product numbers are for Mexico (i.e.
Los números de productos seguidos de
M corresponden a México (Ej.
Français, page “Français-1”
Español, página “Español-1”
READ AND SAVE FOR THE
CONSUMER WARNING: Risk of scalding or other severe injury.
• Before completing installation, the installer must set the maximum water temperature setting of this valve to minimize the risks associated with scalding hazards according to ASTM F 444.
• Do not install a shut-off device on either outlet of this valve. The installation of any such device may create a cross-ﬂow condition at the valve and affect the water temperature.
• Factors that change the temperature of the water supplied to the valve, such as seasonal water temperature changes, and water heater replacement or servicing, will change the maximum water temperature supplied by the valve and may create a scalding hazard. The pressure-balanced valve will not compensate for changes in the water supply temperature; adjust the maximum water temperature setting of this pressure-balanced valve when such changes occur.
• Pressure-balanced valves may not provide protection against scalding if there is a failure of other temperature-limiting devices elsewhere in the plumbing system.
NOTICE: Only apply silicone based lubricants to these valves. Do not use petroleum based lubricants. Petroleum based lubricants will harm the O-rings, seals, and plastic components.
The installer is responsible for installing the valve and adjusting the maximum water temperature of this pressure-balanced valve according to instructions.
This valve meets or exceeds ANSI A112.18.1 and ASSE 1016.
If you do not understand any of the installation or temperature adjustment instructions in this document, in the United States please contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-4-KOHLER.
Outside the U.S., please contact your distributor.
1059598-5-C 2 Kohler Co.
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS (cont.) IMPORTANT NOTICE TO INSTALLERS! Please ﬁll in the blanks in the adjacent box and on the valve label. Then insert these instructions into the plastic bag included with the valve package, and attach the plastic bag to the valve handle for the homeowner’s reference.
NOTICE TO HOMEOWNERS! This device has been preset by _______________________ of _______________________________ to ensure a safe maximum temperature. Any change in the setting may raise the discharge temperature above the limit considered safe, and lead to scalds.
Thank You For Choosing Kohler Company Thank you for choosing Kohler Company. Your Kohler Company product reﬂects the true passion for design, craftsmanship, artistry, and innovation Kohler Company stands for. We are conﬁdent its dependability and beauty will surpass your highest expectations, satisfying you for years to come.
All information in this guide is based upon the latest product information available at the time of publication. At Kohler Company, we strive to fulﬁll our mission of improving the level of gracious living for each person who is touched by our products and services. We reserve the right to make changes in product characteristics, packaging, or availability at any time without notice.
Please take a few minutes to review this guide. Pay special attention to the care and cleaning instructions.
Your Kohler Bath Faucet Your new bath and shower trim blends elegant styling and beauty with exceptional performance and reliability. Each trim kit is precision engineered and constructed of premium quality materials to provide trouble-free operation even under the hardest water conditions.
Care and Cleaning For best results, keep the following in mind when caring for your
• Use a mild detergent such as liquid dishwashing soap and warm water for cleaning. Do not use abrasive cleaners that may scratch or dull the surface.
• Carefully read the cleaner product label to ensure the cleaner is safe for use on the material.
• Always test your cleaning solution on an inconspicuous area before applying to the entire surface.
• Do not allow cleaners to sit or soak on the surface.
• Wipe surfaces clean and rinse completely with water immediately after cleaner application. Rinse and dry any overspray that lands on nearby surfaces.
• Use a soft, dampened sponge or cloth. Never use an abrasive material such as a brush or scouring pad to clean surfaces.
For detailed cleaning information and products to consider, visit www.kohler.com/clean. To order Care & Cleaning information, call 1-800-456-4537 and press 1 for Kohler Products and then 3 for Literature.
Optional Temperature Limiting Adjustment CAUTION: Risk of personal injury. Do not set the water temperature above 120°F (49°C). Setting the water temperature at or below this temperature will minimize the risk associated with scalding hazards.
Turn the valve clockwise to the full open position and let the hot water run for several minutes. Position a thermometer in the water stream and check the temperature.
For minor water temperature changes, adjust the setscrew, and recheck the water temperature.
For major water temperature changes, remove the O-ring and collar from the valve stem. Slowly rotate the valve stem until the desired water temperature is reached.
Reinstall the collar on the valve stem with the setscrew against the side of the tab.
Reinstall the O-ring, rotate the valve stem counterclockwise to shut the water off, and recheck the water temperature.
NOTE: After adjustment, complete the required information on the valve label.
Lifetime Limited Warranty Kohler Co. warrants its faucets manufactured after January 1, 1997, to be leak and drip free during normal residential use for as long as the original consumer purchaser owns his/her home. *If the faucet should
leak or drip during normal use, Kohler will, free of charge, mail to the purchaser the cartridge necessary to put the faucet in good working condition.
Kohler also warrants all other aspects of the faucet, except gold ﬁnish, to be free of defects in material and workmanship during normal residential use for as long as the original consumer purchaser owns his/her own home. If a defect is found in normal residential use, Kohler Co. will, at its election, repair, provide a replacement part or product, or make appropriate adjustment. Damage to a product caused by accident, misuse, or abuse is not covered by this warranty. Proof of purchase (original sales receipt) must be provided to Kohler with all warranty claims. Kohler Co. is not responsible for labor charges, installation, or other consequential costs. In no event shall the liability of Kohler exceed the purchase price of the faucet.
If the faucet is used commercially, Kohler warrants the faucet to be free from defects in material and workmanship for one (1) year from the date the product is installed, with all other terms of this warranty applying except duration.
If you believe that you have a warranty claim, contact Kohler Co., either through your Dealer, Plumbing Contractor, Home Center or E-tailer, or by writing: Kohler Co., Attn.: Customer Service Department, 444 Highland Drive, Kohler, WI 53044, USA. Please be sure to provide all pertinent information regarding your claim, including a complete description of the problem, the product, model number, color, ﬁnish, the date the product was purchased and from whom the product was purchased. Also include your original invoice. For other information, or to obtain the name and address of the service and repair facility nearest you, call 1-800-4-KOHLER from within the USA, 1-800-964-5590 from within Canada and 001-877-680-1310 from within Mexico.
The foregoing warranties are in lieu of all other warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and ﬁtness for a particular purpose.
Seller disclaims any liability for special, incidental or consequential damages. Some states/provinces do not allow limitations of how long an implied warranty lasts or the exclusion or limitation of such damages, so these limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
This warranty gives the consumer speciﬁc legal rights. You may also have other rights that vary from state/province to state/province. This warranty is to the original consumer purchaser only, and excludes product damage due to installation error, product abuse, or product misuse, whether performed by a contractor, service company, or the consumer.
1059598-5-C 6 Kohler Co.
Lifetime Limited Warranty (cont.) This is our exclusive written warranty.
*Trend® faucets, MasterShowerTM Tower, polished gold ﬁnish, all items within the ″Fixture Related″ section of the KOHLER Faucets Price Book, drains, Duostrainer® sink strainers, soap/lotion dispensers and faucets used in commercial settings are covered by Kohler’s one-year limited warranty.
One-Year Warranty KOHLER CO.
It is recommended that at the time of purchase, you verify that all accessories and components are complete in this package.
This Kohler product is warranted to be free of defects in material and workmanship for one (1) year from the date of purchase as shown on the invoice or receipt.
1. Kohler Co. will only service its commercialized products through its authorized distributors.
2. To obtain warranty service, please present the invoice and corresponding warranty.
3. Through its authorized distributors, Kohler Co. promises to repair the defective product or provide a new replacement or an equivalent model (in those cases that the model has been discontinued) when the product is beyond repair, without any charge to the consumer.
4. The time of repair will not exceed six (6) weeks commencing on the date the product is received.
5. It is recommended that the consumer save the invoice or receipt as additional protection, as it may substitute the warranty in the case that there is a discrepancy in the validity of the warranty.
EXCEPTIONS AND RESTRICTIONS
The Warranty will not be valid in the following cases:
1. When the product is not operated in accordance with the instructions concerning use and operation set forth in the owner’s manual or installation instructions, and when the recommendations and warnings included are not observed.
2. When the product has been modiﬁed or dismantled partially or totally; or has been used in a negligent fashion and as a consequence has suffered damages attributable to the consumer, individual, or hardware not authorized by Kohler Co.
Kohler Co. 7 1059598-5-C One-Year Warranty (cont.)
3. This warranty does not cover the damages as a result of disaster such as ﬁre or acts of God, including ﬂooding, earthquake, or electric storms, etc. To obtain a list of distributors in your area where you can exercise your rights under this warranty, please call 001-877-680-1310.
KOHLER CO., KOHLER, WI 53044 U.S.A.
INTERNACIONAL DE CERÁMICA, S.A.B. DE C.V.
AV. CARLOS PACHECO NO. 7200 CHIHUAHUA, CHIH., MEXICO C.P. 31060 TEL: 52 (14) 29-11-11
À LIRE ET À CONSERVER POUR LECLIENT AVERTISSEMENT : Risque de brûlures ou autres blessures graves.
• Avant de commencer l’installation, l’installateur doit régler la température maximale de l’eau de cette valve pour réduire au minimum les risques de brûlures, ceci conformément à la norme ASTM F 444.
• Ne pas installer un dispositif d’arrêt sur les sorties de cette valve.
L’installation d’un tel dispositif peut créer une condition de débit croisé au régulateur et modiﬁer la température de l’eau.
• Les facteurs qui changent la température de l’eau fournie à cette valve, tels que les changements de température d’eau saisonniers, et le remplacement ou l’entretien du chauffe-eau, changeront la température maximale de l’eau fournie par le régulateur et pourront présenter un danger de brûlures. La valve à pression réguléene compensera pas les changements de température d’alimentation d’eau; ajuster la température maximale de cette valve à pression équilibrée si de tels changements se produisent.
• Les valves à pression équilibrée peuvent ne pas assurer une protection contre les brûlures en cas de défaillance d’autres dispositifs de limitation de température installés ailleurs sur le réseau de plomberie.
AVIS : Seuls des lubriﬁants à base de silicone devraient être appliqués à ces valves. Ne pas utiliser de lubriﬁants à base de pétrole. Des lubriﬁants à base de pétrole peuvent endommager les joints-toriques, les joints et les composants en plastique.
L’installateur est responsable de l’installation de la valve et du réglage de la température maximale de l’eau de cette valve à pression équilibrée conformément aux instructions.
Kohler Co. Français-1 1059598-5-C INSTRUCTIONS IMPORTANTES (cont.) Cette valve satisfait ou excède les exigences des normes ANSI A112.18.1M et ASSE 1016.
S’il ne vous est pas possible de comprendre les instructions d’installation ou de réglage de la température données par ce document, veuillez contacter notre département du service clientèle aux États-Unis.1-800-4-KOHLER. Hors des États-Unis, veuillez contacter votre distributeur.
NOTICE IMPORTANTE AUX INSTALLATEURS! Veuillez remplir le coupon sur la boîte adjacente ainsi que sur l’étiquette de la valve.
Ensuite, insérer ces instructions dans le sac en plastique inclus dans l’emballage de la valve et attacher le sac au levier de la valve pour servir de référence au propriétaire.