«Lawrence A. Yannuzzi, MD 460 Park Avenue, 5th Floor New York, NY 10022 Phone: (212) 861-9797 Fax: (212) 628-0698 Education B.A ...»
Lawrence A. Yannuzzi, MD
460 Park Avenue, 5th Floor New York, NY 10022
Phone: (212) 861-9797 Fax: (212) 628-0698
B.A Harvard College, Cambridge, Massachusetts
M.D. Boston University Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, High Honors, Alpha Omega Alpha
• University Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 1965 – 1966
• Manhattan Eye, Ear & Throat Hospital, New York, New York 1966 – 1969 Ophthalmology Residency
• Manhattan Eye, Ear & Throat Hospital, New York, New York 1969 Chief Resident in Ophthalmology
• Colby College 1966 Postgraduate Course in Ophthalmology Medical Board Certifications
• American Board of Ophthalmology 1970
• Fellow, American College of Surgeons 1972
• Fellow, International College of Surgeons 1975 Hospital and Academic Appointments
• Coordinator of Residency Training 1969 – 1973 Department of Ophthalmology Manhattan Eye, Ear & Throat Hospital
• Consultant, Health Insurance Plan of New York 1972 Special Services: Fluorescein Angiography and Argon Laser
• Instructor, American Academy of Ophthalmology 1974 “Interpret
• Manhattan Eye Associates
• National Fluorescein Angiography Club (Gass Club), Founder, 1975
• New York Fluorescein Angiography Club, Founder, 1972
• Atlantic Coast Fluorescein Angiography Club, Co-Founder, 1982
• Pan American Ophthalmological Society
• Contemporary Society of Ophthalmology
• The Retina Society
• The Macula Society, President, 2006
• The Ophthalmic Laser Surgery Society
• Club Jules Gonin
• New York Academy of Medicine, Ophthalmology, President, 1980
• Medical Advisory Committee of National Society to Prevent Blindness, New York Division
• The American Ophthalmological Society
• The Uveitis Society
• Media Information Committee, American Academy of Ophthalmology
• Scientific Advisory Committee of the Fight for Sight, Inc.
• Member of the Board of Visitors of Boston University School of Medicine, 2000
• Honorary appointee to the governing board of The International Society for Imaging in the Eye, 2002
• New York Laser Society, President, 1997
• Chairman, The Town School, Giving Campaign for Former Parents
• Chairman, Boston University Medical School, 25th Reunion Giving Campaign
• Board of Directors, National Association for Pseudoxanthoma Elasticum
• Regional Spokesperson, American Academy of Ophthalmology, 1990
• Editorial Advisory Board – Compendium Publications
• National Institutes of Health Consultant, 1993
• Honorary Member of the American Society for Laser, Medicine, And Surgery, Inc., 1995
• Scientific Advisory Committee for Fight for Sight, Inc., 1996
• Honorary Director of the Puccini Foundation, 1999
• Board of Visitors-Trustees, Boston University School of Medicine
• Board of Directors – The Lighthouse, 2004 Visiting Lectureships of Professorships at Medical Schools and Societies
• Massachusetts Eye and Ear infirmary (Harvard Medical School)
• Illinois Eye and Ear infirmary
• Wills Eye Hospital (Jefferson Medical College)
• Wilmer Eye Institute (Johns Hopkins Medical School)
• Cornell Medical School
• New York University Medical School
• Mt. Sinai Medical School
• Downstate Medical School
• Rochester Medical School
• Buffalo Medical School
• Edward S. Harkness Eye Institute (Columbia Medical School)
• New York Eye and Ear Infirmary (New York Medical College)
• Manhattan Eye, Ear & Throat Hospital
• Pittsburgh Eye and Ear Infirmary
• Bascom Palmer Eye Institute (University of Miami)
• Moorfields Eye Hospital (London)
• Dundee Eye Hospital (Scotland)
• Manchester Eye Hospital (England)
• University of Connecticut Medical College
• Tulane Medical School Lawrence A. Yannuzzi, MD Page 10
• Georgetown Medical School
• University of Chicago Medical School
• Ohio State University
• Bowman Gray – Wake Forest University
• George Washington University
• San Diego University
• Washington D.C. Eye Center
• University of Nice, France
• University of Hamburg, Germany
• Mt. Sinai School of Medicine
• University of Torino, Italy
• University of Lund, Sweden
• University of Geneva, Switzerland
• University of Paris
• Chicago Ophthalmological Society
• New Orleans Ophthalmological Society
• Johns Hopkins University
• Wilmer Eye Institute
• Massachusetts Eye & Ear Infirmary
• Boston University School of Medicine
• University of San Diego
• Tubingen University (West Germany)
• University of California (Los Angeles)
• University of California (San Francisco)
• Jules Stein Eye Institute (UCLA)
• University of Creteil (Paris
• University of Kansas (Kansas)
• University of Kansas (Missouri)
• James Travis Robertson Memorial Lecture (University of Kansas Medical Center)
• University of Mijmegen (Holland)
• University of Minnesota
• New York Clinical Society of Ophthalmology
• New York Academy, Division of Ophthalmology Lawrence A. Yannuzzi, MD Page 11
• New York State Ophthalmology Society
• International Academy of Ophthalmology
• Brooklyn Ophthalmology Society
• Suffolk County, New York Ophthalmological Society
• Monmouth County, New Jersey Ophthalmology Society
• Pacific Coast Ophthalmological Society
• New England Ophthalmological Society
• Contemporary Society of Ophthalmology
• The Retina Society
• The Macula Society
• Miami Ophthalmological Society
• Miami Eye Foundation
• North Carolina/South Carolina Ophthalmological Society
• Stanford University
• Saitama Medical School, Japan
• Pittsburgh Ophthalmological Society
• Association for Research in Vision and Optics
• Association for Research in Vision and Optics
• Japan Ophthalmological Society
• British Ophthalmological Society
• French Ophthalmological Society
• West German Ophthalmological Society
• Connecticut Ophthalmological Society
• Tucson Ophthalmological Society
• Utah Ophthalmological Society
• The Gonin Society, Lausanne, Switzerland
• The Washington, D.C. Ophthalmological Society
• American Academy of Ophthalmology Update Course
• The Ophthalmic Laser-Light Society, Lugano, Switzerland
• The PanHellenic Society, Athens, Greece
• Instructor: Diabetic Retinopathy Workshop (1990)
• American Academy of Ophthalmology
• University of Treviso
• Italian Ophthalmological Society Lawrence A. Yannuzzi, MD Page 12
• Washington University, St. Louis
• Houston Ophthalmological Society
• Catholic University, Rome, Italy
• University of Ancona, Italy
• Genora University, Italy
• Pan American Ophthalmological Society, Seville, Spain
• Case Western Medical School Memorial Lecture in honor of Ed Purnell (1997)
• Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota
• The Mel Rubin Lecturer, Florida State Ophthalmological Society (2001)
• University of Parma, Italy
• Paul Chandler Lectureship, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary
• Richard E Hoover Memorial Lecture, Greater Baltimore Medical Center
• Richard Weaver Lectureship at Wake Forest Eye Center, Winston-Salem, North Carolina, May 17, 2002
• Helen Keller Foundation Lectureship, University of Alabama, May 10, 2008 Books Published Yannuzzi LA: Fluorescein Ophthalmoscopy and Photography of the Ocular Fundus. Alcon Laboratories, Dallas, 1972.
Schatz H, Burton T, Yannuzzi LA, Rabb M: Interpretation of Fundus Fluorescein Angiography: A Comprehensive Text and Atlas. St. Louis, C. Mosby Co., 1978, 750 pages.
Yannuzzi LA, Gitter KM, Schatz H: The Macula: A Comprehensive Text and Atlas. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkens Co., 1979, 415 pages.
Gitter K, Schatz H, Yannuzzi LA, McDonald HR: Laser Photocoagulation of Retinal Diseases. San Francisco, Pacific Medical Press, 1988.
Yannuzzi LA, Freidman R: Symposium on Age-Related Macular Degeneration. New York Academy of Medicine, New York, 1989.
Yannuzzi LA: Laser Photocoagulation of Macular Diseases. Lippincott, Philadelphia, 1989.
Yannuzzi LA, Flower R, Slakter J: Indocyanine Green Angiography, CV Mosby, 1995.
Lawrence A. Yannuzzi, MD Page 13 Yannuzzi LA, Guyer DR, Green WR: The Retina Atlas. CV Mosby, St. Louis, MO, 1995.
Rishard G, Soubrane G, Yannuzzi LA: Fluorescein and ICG Angiography: Textbook and Atlas,2nd Edition. Thieme Medical Publishers,Inc.1998.
Guyer DR, Yannuzzi L, Shields J, Chang S, Green W: The Retina-Vitreous-Macula, Saunders, 1999.
Freund KB, Yannuzzi LA, Rosenthal: Age-Related Macular Degeneration. Interactive Eye, Brunswick, MA, 1999.
Sherman J, Karamchandani G, Jones W, Nath S, Yannuzzi L: Panoramic Ophthalmoscopy, Slak Incorporated, 2007.
CD-ROMs Freund KB, Yannuzzi LA, Orlock DA: Indocyanine Green Angiography: Technique and Interpretation, 1997.
Yannuzzi LA, Guyer DR, Green WR: The Retina Atlas, 1997 Sherman J, Quigley H, Yannuzzi L: Interpretation of Visual Fields, 1997.
Pre-Academy Retinal Course (American Academy of Ophthalmology): Age-Related Macular Degeneration, 1997.
Sherman J, Sadun A, Yannuzzi L. Visual Fields Pathways to Interpretation, 2003.
Freund KB, Klancnik J, Yannuzzi LA: Age-Related Macular Degeneration, 2006.
Freund KB, Klancnik J, Yannuzzi LA, Rosenthal B: Age-Related Macular Degeneration, 2008.
BOOK REVIEWS Management of Retinal Vascular & Macular Disorders. Edited by Fine S, Sur of Ophthalmol, July-August 1985.
Atlas on Retinal Vascular Diseases by Orth D, Ophthalmology Times, September 1, 1984, p. 24.
Atlas on Retinal Vascular Diseases by David Orth. Reviewed by Yannuzzi, LA. Williams & Wilkens, Baltimore, Ophthalmology Times, 1985.
Lawrence A. Yannuzzi, MD Page 14 Stereoscopic Atlas of Macular Diseases: Diagnosis and Treatment by Dr. J. Donald Gass, C.V. Mosby, St. Louis, 1987, 880 pp., Am Journal of Ophthalmol, Vol. 15:446, 1987.
Macular Degeneration by Schatz H, McDonald HR. Reviewed by Yannuzzi LA, Freund KB, Yannuzzi NA.
Ophthalmology Times, p. 16, April, 1988.
Scientific Exhibits and Posters Schatz H, Yannuzzi LA, Burton T, Rabb M: Interpretation of Fluorescein Angiography. Am Acad Ophthal, 1976.
(Exhibit) Yannuzzi LA: A Modifed Amsler Grid for Macular Function Testing, Am Acad Ophthal, November, 1981. (Poster) Cohen BZ, Yannuzzi LA: Medical Treatment of Aphakic Cystoid Macular Edema. Am Acad Ophthal, November, 1983.
Yannuzzi LA, Slakter J: The Yannuzzi Macular Photocoagulation Lens. Club Jules Gonin Society, Copenhagen, 1986. (Poster) Yannuzzi LA, Giovinazzo V, Sorenson J, Granet D, Campbell E, Bensen B: The Ocular Complications of Boxing. Am Acad Ophthal, 1986. (Exhibit) Slakter J, Yannuzzi LA: Comparative Analysis of Dye Lasers. Am Acad Ophthal, November, 1987. (Poster) Milch F, Yannuzzi LA, Rudick J: Macular Hemorrhages in Pathological Myopia. Am Acad Ophthal, November, 1987. (Poster) Milch F, Sobel RS, Yannuzzi LA: Risk Factors for Vision Loss in Pathologic Myopia. Am Acad Ophthal, New Orleans, 1989. (Poster) Kuptka K, Yannuzzi LA: Grid Laser Photocoagulation for Diffuse Retinal Pigment Epitheliopathy. Am Acad Ophthal, New Orleans, 1989. (Poster) Folk JC, Kaplan HJ, Blumenkranz MS, Yannuzzi LA, et al.: Choroidal and Retinal Inflammatory Syndromes. Am Acad Ophthal, New Orleans, 1989. (Exhibit) Yannuzzi LA, Slatker JS. Diffuse Retinal Pigment Epitheliopathy. Am Acad Ophthal, 1993. (Poster) Freund B, Yannuzzi L, Orlock D. Interpretation of Lawrence A. Yannuzzi, MD Page 15 Abnormal Indocyanine Green Angiographic Fluorescence. Am Acad Ophthal, Altanta, Georgia, 1995. (Exhibit) Guyer D, Yannuzzi L, Slakter J, et al. Indocyanine Green Videoangiography and Laser Treatment of OccultChoroidal Neovascularization. Am Acad Ophthal, Altanta, Georgia, 1995. (Poster) Spaide R, Fisher L, et al. Digital Subtraction ICG Angiography of Occult-CNV. Am Acad Ophthal, Chicago, 1996.
(Poster) Lyon A, Rabb M, Yannuzzi L, et al. Idiopathic Polypoidal Choroidal Vasculopathy. Am Acad Ophthal, Chicago, 1996 (Poster).
Spaide R, Orlock D, Yannuzzi L, et al. Wide Angle Angiography of the Eye. Am Acad Ophthal, Chicago, 1996.
(Poster) Shirkey B, Freund KB, Yannuzzi L, et al. Newly Diagnosed Neovascular Age-Related Macular Degeneration in the Fellow Eye. Am Acad Ophthal, Chicago, 1996. (Poster) Ciardella A, Yannuzzi L, Freund B, Orlock D. The Clinical Significance of Activated Protein C Resistance and Factor V Leiden in Retinal Branch Vein Occlusions. Am Acad Ophthal, San Francisco, 1997. (Poster) Spaide R, Tittl M, Wong D, Pilotto E, Yannuzzi L et al. Ocular and Systemic Association with Central Serous Chorioretinopathy. Am Acad Ophthal, New Orleans, 1998. (Poster) Ciardella A, Goldbaum M, Yannuzzi LA, Freund KB, Giovannini A, Pece A. Multiple Evanscent White Dot Syndromes--Multifocal Choroiditis--Acute Zonal Occult Outer Retinopathy: Distinct Entities or Variants of a Singular inflammatory disorder. American Academy of Ophthalmology, Orlando, Florida, 1999. (Poster) Spaide R, Guyer D, Sorenson J, Yannuzzi LA. Wide Angle indocynanine green angiography of peripheral choroidal neovascularization. American Academy of Ophthalmology, Orlando, Florida, 1999. (Poster) Maberley D, Chang S, Fisher Y, Yannuzzi L. Localized Myopic Macular Detachment Syndrome. American Academy of Ophthalmology, Orlando, Florida, 1999. (Poster) Fisher Y, Carvalho C, Maberley D, Goldbaum M, Yannuzzi L. A correlation of tumor volume to height for the follow-up choroidal melanomas. American Academy of Ophthalmology, Orlando, Florida, 1999. (Poster) Goldbaum M, Doric W, Orlock D, Spaide R, Yannuzzi L. OCT findings in retinal branch vein occlusion. ARVO, 1999.